Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Congratulations PewDiePie!

Hello there! Did you miss me??

 *crickets chirping*

 ... okay, anyway...

 Yeah, sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I'm just friggin' exhausted a lot of the time and... the creative bug hasn't really bitten me that much lately. I'm kinda loaded down with assignments (Public Law is due in three days and I haven't started typing! Help!!!) and I'm experiencing the same artist's/writer's block I experienced a couple of years ago after my SPM. SO yeah... sorry.

 Anyway, about some time back, PewDiePie hit 6 million subscribers on his YouTube channel! If you don't know who PewDiePie (or Pewds as I like to call him) is then what the hell is wrong with you, have you been living under a rock for the past two years?!! he's a 23-year-old gamer from Gothenburg, Sweden who makes videos of himself playing video games (mostly scary ones) and his (usually comical) reactions to them. He is best known for his playthroughs of Amnesia: The Dark Descent custom stories, the Penumbra games, Slender: The Eight Pages, The Walking Dead and various pixel horror games like Ao Oni, Ib and Mad Father, as well as co-ops with other well known gamers like Cryaotic, UberHaxorNova and Sp00n. He currently lives in Italy (although he's in L.A. at the moment and will be for a month) with his girlfriend Marzia (also a Youtuber under the name cutiepiemarzia) and their pug, Maya. Right now, he is the seventh most subscribed Youtuber, behind Smosh, Ray William Johnson, Jenna Marbles, Ryan Higa, RihannaVEVO (Oh God, why?!) and Machinima. He's having a party in L.A. to celebrate 6 million bros, and being stuck on the other side of the world in Malaysia, I obviously can't be there. *cries*

I'm actually a really recent bro (Pewds calls his fans 'bros'), having subscribed to Pewds only last September. However, his videos have now become a significant part of my life, and it is a must for me to have my daily fix of Pewds everyday (hey, at least it's a healthier addiction than booze or drugs). I even had a huge crush on him (probably like most of his other female subscribers), which was obviously crushed when I learned he had a beautiful girlfriend. My adoration of him manifested itself in my art, a lot of which is PewDiePie fan art. In honour of his hitting 6 million subs (and partly because I didn't draw anything noteworthy today), I'm going to share one of my personal favourite fan art - a drawing of Pewds and Marzia which was based on a weird dream I had - but more on that later. For now, enjoy the art (this one's better that the rest because I drew it by hand and Photoshopped it) and stay awesome!

P.S. In the event that you're reading this, Pewds, I just want you to know that you're simply the best. Thank you for making me smile on gloomy days, for making me laugh till I'm out of breath, for bringing me close to tears at times and for introducing me to some of the best games I have ever played. I hope you stay awesome as you always have, and that you can continue living your dreams. Congratulations on reaching 6 million bros - the Bro Army has come a really long way in two years! Anyways, I love you, Pewds and.... just thank you. A thousand times over. *Brofist*

EDIT: As of this month (August 2013), PewDiePie has become the most subscribed Youtuber of all time, with more than double the subscribers mentioned previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment