Monday, April 8, 2013

Custom Pokemon hoodies #3: Meganium

And here's Meganium! Sorry if it's a little messier than the others... the idea just came to me about an hour ago, and I just had to put it down on paper before it vanished. As you can see, I decided to make it a girl this time - mainly because I always saw Chikorita as a female.

Some people might see it as a little strange that I give a Pokemon a gender based on its appearance. I mean, I have no problem if the Pokemon is of the opposite gender, but I'm really happy when it matches the gender I give it. For example, I always see Cyndaquil and Totodile as males, and Chikorita as a female. Even with the legendaries, I see Suicune as a female and Entei and Raikou as males. Am I the only one?

Anyway, this concludes the first part of my Pokemon hoodie designs. I might draw the gen-2 legendaries (Suicune, Entei, Raikou, Lugia and Ho-oh) next - I don't know. If you guys have any suggestions for 1st and 2nd generation Pokemon (I don't know the 3rd generation and up very well), please feel free to Facebook message or tweet me at @inoueflame, and I'll try to draw them. Till then, see you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment