Saturday, April 6, 2013

Custom Pokemon hoodies #1: Feraligatr

Hey guys! Remember I said stay tuned? This is why!!

The idea for this came from one of the posts on a page I like on Facebook. One of the admins had drawn basic Pokemon like Cyndaquil, Totodile, Chikorita, Pikachu and Eevee dressed like their evolutions (Cyndaquil as Typhlosion, Totodile as Feraligatr and so on). It looked really cute, and as I thought about it I realised that there are Pokemon hoodies out there, but they mostly feature cutesy Pokemon like Pikachu and Mew. I suppose there's more demand for Pikachu than there would be for Typhlosion or Feraligatr, but that shouldn't mean that there should be no hoodies for those Pokemon, right? Right?!?!!

*silence*

....okay, then....

Anyway, I've decided to try and design hoodies for these Pokemon. I tried drawing Typhlosion (the evolution of my starter Pokemon of choice, Cyndaquil), but it didn't look that great. I then tried drawing Feraligatr, and it came out as close to perfect as possible. Here you go - for your viewing pleasure, a mysterious-looking guy in a custom-designed Feraligatr hoodie. I tried a new technique with this piece; I drew it by hand, then scanned it to my phone to colour and mess around with a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment