Monday, April 15, 2013

Seeds of Rebellion

Helloes people, I'm back after a 2-day hiatus!

I couldn't post on Saturday because I was in Ipoh the whole day (for non-Malaysians, Ipoh is a town in Perak, a state which is approximately a 2 hour drive from Kuala Lumpur). I went there for my family's yearly visit to a particular temple (I'm Hindu, by the way) and to see some of my mother's relatives. The day after that was the Hindu new year, so I was occupied with preparations for that. And today was my father's birthday!

So... yeah. About the drawings, they're based off the same line art, just with different colours. I drew this at one of my mom's relatives' house, and my mom's cousin's sons were peeking over my shoulder as I drew it. The colouring is an attempt at a 'realistic' eye colour effect. It's a little scary, no?

Anyway, I wasn't really sure what else to say, so a couple of minutes ago while I was thinking about it, I came up with a random, probably stupid poem to go with it. Here it is:

On a bitter midwinter's iciest date
A girl was born with an accursed fate

Her eyes burned with the Devil's fire
Her soul, a vessel for an evil desire

Destined she was to destroy the world
To cause chaos and entropy to unfurl

Shrouded in her mantle of death and decay
No mortal man could stand in her way

Yet out of the ashes of a world so dark
There arose a hero born to win her heart

Blessed with the power of Heaven's light
Destined was he to dispel her blight

The heat of his touch, the warmth of his words
Were unlike any she had felt or heard

Thus awakened an emotion she had never felt
So different from the despair of the pits of hell

Realisation dawned: is this true love?
A ray of hope from the heavens above?

She now saw a way out of the life she had known
And hence the seeds of rebellion were sown.

POETRY!!!! <3 (I don't even know, I'm too sleepy, it's really late here. See you tomorrow)

Song stuck in my head (this is something I'll add at the end of my posts from now on): Hairport by LilDeuceDeuce, from TomSka's Salon Shootout

No comments:

Post a Comment